There are a few Classic Adventure Books that were my introduction into fantasy. At around ten, my parents gave me The Hobbit. I couldn’t read it fast enough. I then went on to read the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy.


I lost myself in a world of Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Wizards, and more. I loved every page and would go on to re-read them a few times. My Book Nowonderland was heavily influenced by my love of fantasy adventure books.

Books were a form of escapism that TV or movies just couldn’t compete with, except for maybe Star Wars. (Star Wars to little old me was amazing and got me into my other favorite genre, science-fiction.) I didn’t have to rely on someone else’s interpretation of what the characters looked or sounded like. My imagination took care of all of that.

I devoured many great classic adventure books as a kid.
Read a Book! Have an adventure!M. C. Gladd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog